Trouble with ODBC configuration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Trouble with ODBC configuration

Post by I_Server_Whale »

I'm trying to extract a sequential file, transform and load it into a target ODBC. Please help me out. I am gonna clearly specify what's happening.

1. Extract the sequential file "items_2.txt" from C:\Ascential\Datastage\tutorial.

2. I did step 1 by editing the "sequential file stage". I specified the file and loaded the columns.

3. Now, coming to the ODBC. I opened the ODBC stage. My Data Source Name doesn't show up in the General Tab. Instead, it shows an other name "rkm", whereas the DataSource name I configured using Windows "Administrative tools --> Data Sources (ODBC)" was "DStutorial". This name "DStutorial" doesn't show up when I'm trying to configure the ODBC stage in DataStage Designer but it shows a name "rkm". I don't understand why i am not able to see my DSN
I have also created the Database "DStutorial" in SQL Server. It also has the target table. I would be grateful if you or anybody could help me out.
Thanks a lot again,
Sincerely,
Naveen.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Use the DS Manager tool and attempt to import ODBC table definitions. Only by doing that does it populate the drop down lists in Designer for "known" data sources.

You MUST ALWAYS IMPORT TABLE DEFINITIONS to make sure you can:

1. Talk to a database
2. Get the correct metadata
3. Have access to a given table/view
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Baldmartyr
Participant

Post by Baldmartyr »

Please post only once and in the correct forum. In an effort to consolidate and organize let's continue any discussion of this thread at http://dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=91084
David Baldwin
Former DSXchange Webmaster