Looks like that drive did fail

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Looks like that drive did fail

Post by chulett »

Heard through the grapevine that one of the problems with the site today might have been a failing hard drive on a new server... and it sure looks like it may have actually failed. :cry:

The site seems to have been restored from backup and we've been time-warped ("It's just a jump to the left...") back to Tuesday. Bummer.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

...and I had 998 points racked up, too :roll:

Hopefully nothing more than a couple of messages were lost.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's probably a need to announce on the front page that some Q&A may have been lost. I've certainly posted about 50 responses in the past two days.
Then again, Walter/David may have plans to roll forward. Who knows?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SaiS
Participant

Post by SaiS »

My user-id is gone with its details. Also all messages posted by me has disappeared. Can anybody let me know what happened and what isdone to retrieve it?
Baldmartyr
Participant

Post by Baldmartyr »

Yes we did have hard drive failure. We were able to get much of the data backed up before heaving the drive into the garbage can. In order to restore ASAP we ghosted from the old machine (which was retired on Tuesday, may it rest in peace as it served us well) to get things up and running ASAP. However we should be able to restore most of the data in the no man's land of Wednesday - Friday. Stay tuned for more information and a more 'public' announcement! (And please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.)
David Baldwin
Former DSXchange Webmaster