Thanks DSXchange!

Got a positive word to say about the DSXchange? Let us know!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ArndW
Participant

Thanks DSXchange!

Post by ArndW »

I just wanted to put my thanks in writing for the existence of this forum!

One fine day less than a month ago I started surfing the web using the Google keyword of "DataStage" and was amazed to find the DSXchange forum. After perusing the postings, questions, replies and getting a good idea of how DataStage has become a popular and vibrant product with a large group of seasoned (and soon-to-be-seasoned) users and developers I decided that I really missed consulting for this product and decided to return to the fold, as it were.

With the help of DSXchange and the kindly folks here it took less than two weeks for this vague notion to develop and come to fruition. I'm composing this "thank you" at the hotel bar after work - doing a consulting gig using SAP R/3 and DataStage in balmy England. I had forgotten how much I love doing this.

(Although I'm loath to admit it, I have used this forum already to find issues that I couldn't remember how to solve & saved myself a lot of time, effort and "face").
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

You know you are a DSXchange geek, when you are writing to the forum from a hotel bar. :lol: Let's start a debate German vs. Brit beer :twisted: :wink:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Actually, I'm enjoying the hotel's wireless network plus my new notebook's wireless connectivity :? and what better place to try it out than in the bar. I've worked my way from "Kronenbourg 1664" and have now landed at "John Smith's Bitter" - better than standard issue American beer by a long shot but lagging behind those fantastic microbrews popping up all over the place.

(Note I avoided comparing British and German beers until I'm safely out of the bar and the country, in that order)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Was "balmy" a misprint? :twisted:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Somehow the icycles hanging from the letters and freeezing blue font didn't make it into the posting; it's foggy out there this morning and the frost on the cars looks quite pretty - certainly more Christmaslike than the temps in your part of the world!