Awkward metadata Import problem

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Awkward metadata Import problem

Post by PilotBaha »

I have a DS job that uses a QS plugin. The way my QS project is setup is as follows:

<ProjectABC>
<Job1> Select stage
<Job2> Unijoin + Transfer Stage
<Job3> Unijoin + Transfer Stage
<Job4> Unijoin + Transfer Stage
<AllJobs>

AllJobs is basically a replica of Job1 through 4. It has the same stages lined up back to back.

Here comes the interesting part: When I try to import metadata from individual jobs , the thing works with no problems at all. On the other hand, when I try to import metadata from AllJobs I get the usual "QSRT manager blah blah" spiel.

Case sensitivity, the directory structure and all the usual suspects have been ruled out already..

Any takers on what would be the problem on this?
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Ok, here's the log entry where the metadata import fails. The case is open with Asc but wanted to check if there is anybody else who ran into the same problem..

Thanks..

Code: Select all

qsrtserv(18092):12/06/2004 09:49:18 AM TRACE: RETURN [1]: [ioset_dicts.c] [v_IOSET_init_metadata] 81
qsrtserv(18092):12/06/2004 09:49:18 AM LOG:  Starting external program: idatasync
qsrtserv(18092):12/06/2004 09:49:18 AM ERROR:  Unable to create child process
qsrtserv(18092):12/06/2004 09:49:18 AM ERROR:  unable to create communication object
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is qsrtmngr running? What happens if you try to import a table definition via the QualityStage plug-in? In particular, what error message appears?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

qsrtmngr is running. On top of that I have no problems with importing metadata for Job1, Job2, 3, 4 but when I try to import it for the job that is made of all the stages of Job1, 2, 3, 4 in the same sequence , the thing fails..
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Ray,
we found the problem. "pre sort input file" option was not clicked in on of the UniJoin stages. To me that shouldn't be a show stopper as the metadata will be the same even if the record is presorted or not. When we restaged this, it worked like a charm..

Baha