Change Analysis facility

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Charley
Participant

Change Analysis facility

Post by Charley »

I would very much like to have some facility for analysing differences (and so identifying changes) among (versions of) jobs.
Charley
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Charley

I posted a few queries that you can run in Reporting Assistant to get the differences in DSProperties. I think MetaStage can also generate a report showing job changes.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're consistent and systematic with the comment field on batches promoted with Version Control, you'd be surprised how much help this can be when searching for the version where something changed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Charley
Participant

Post by Charley »

Kim, Ray,
thanks for your replies. I realize that there are lots of ways to analyze the DS repository inside-out and upside-down once you the data extracted through for instance Rep. Ass. What I actually meant to propose is to have a Change Analysis available within DS just like the Usage Analysis.

By the way, I just discovered that we might have "some backlog" on implementing new versions of DS :oops: , so I think I should keep a low profile with posting wishes until I know where we are (and know who's responsible and thus which *** to kick :twisted:

regards,
Charley
Charley