Sequences included in Reporting Assistant

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Charley
Participant

Sequences included in Reporting Assistant

Post by Charley »

I would like to have Reporting Assistant report on Sequences too.
Charley
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Charley

I have added sequences to the tables in Reporting Assistant. It works through DwNav. I noticed there is a bug in it in version 7. I am not exactly sure yet on what is going wrong. I thought about posting some of this code. The only thing I extract are the depend jobs. I think the only other thing useful might be parameters. You can download a full version of DwNav and request free 30 day auth code from my web site. DwNav is mostly a tool to help find things in Reporting Assistant's database doc_tool.mdb.

I should have the sequences fixed in DwNav this week or next. I just noticed the error. Should not be difficult.

I have posted a lot of what is in DwNav on this web site. I have jobs which extract some of what is in DwNav like row counts. You can also download these for free. There are some nice html document jobs which are also free. As soon as get a way to list all the jobs which read or write to a table. I think this is the most important report in DwNav. Currently I can only get it from the data in Reporting Assistant. It is not always accurate if you use a lot of user defined queries then it is not clear what the table names are. You would have to parse the SQL to get it. I know how to do it. Just do not have the time yet to build it.

Anyway if anyone wants some of this code posted then let me know.
Mamu Kim