How do you use SAS in Enterprise Edition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RamonaReed
Participant

How do you use SAS in Enterprise Edition

Post by RamonaReed »

I am still relatively new to DataStage, and we are supposed to have Enterprise Edition version 7.0.1. Can someone tell me how I access SAS in this version. Is there a special plugin that is needed which will make the parallel stage within the Tool menu become active? Everything that I have read pertaining to SAS, indicates this is created on a parallel canvas, but I am unable to find one within our product.

Thanks for any help,
Mona
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In Designer, when you choose File > New, do you have the choice of creating a "parallel job"?
If not, you do not have the Parallel Extender (now known as Enterprise Edition) installed/licensed.

If you do have the Parallel Extender (Enterprise Edition) installed and licensed, you still need to install the SAS plug-in, which is separately purchased.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RamonaReed
Participant

Post by RamonaReed »

Thank you Ray, that was what I thought.
whardeman

Post by whardeman »

Ray or anyone who knows, where does this question belong?
Walter Hardeman
Webmaster
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Parallel

The SAS interface is aimed squarely at PX.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
whardeman

Post by whardeman »

Moving to Parallel Extender forum...
Walter Hardeman
Webmaster
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

If you havent specified the location of the SAS client home directory during the DataStage install the required libraries won't be linked. Try running the DataStage/PXEngine/install/install.liborchsasop script to link the libraries.