How to implement pipeline,partition parallelism &departi

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

babbu9
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to implement pipeline,partition parallelism &departi

Post by babbu9 »

Hi
I am new to parallel environment. I am interested in knowing how to implement pipeline, partition and departitioning using parallel extender.
Please suggest
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

This partition topic already discussed many times in the forum. Please search in the forum or go through the parjdev.pdf document for parallel Processing.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In PX you don't have to. That's the whole point!

Partitioning (both of processing and of data) is the only thing over which you have control, first through the configuration file, which specifies the number of processing nodes to be allocated to the job, and second through the partitioning options on links in your design.

See Parallel Job Developer's Guide, particularly Chapter 1, for a detailed answer to exactly your question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsdesigner
Participant

Re: How to implement pipeline,partition parallelism &dep

Post by dsdesigner »

I guess when babbu9 mentions departioning he means repartioning. I guess this can be achieved by limiting the execution of a data set to fewer nodes. These nodes can be specified by setting the "Node pool and resource constraints" option in the
(data set stage)--->output---->advanced tab of hte data set stagea. Pls correct me if I am wrong.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Departitioning might also be the "fan in" needed by some stages, such as the Sequential File stage, where only one writer is permitted. This is still configured - and can be made visible - as a link property.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.