how to use peek stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kruthika
Participant

how to use peek stage

Post by kruthika »

Hi,
In a px parallel job,i want to know how to use the peek stage and to debug.
Also,what is all about the joblog option in the peek stage.can i get a performance report using joblog?

Regards,
kruthika
Kruthika
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

If you want to watch values coming out of a transformer you can place the peek stage after the transformer. There are options for watching the values of all columns or specific columns.

There are 2 options of getting the resuts. One is joblog where the results are shown in the job log and the other is output where the results are directed to an output link.

HTH
--Rich
kruthika
Participant

Post by kruthika »

Thanks for ur response..
I checked both options in peek stage placing a sequential file stage after that stage.It shows no difference..
What will be the difference b/w these two options?
Kruthika
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

What do you mean by both options. I hope it is the output mode.

If you set 'Peek Records Output Mode' to JobLog and run the job from Director the peek results will be shown as Information in the Director with column name and column value seperated by a colon.

If you set 'Peek Records Output Mode' to Output then put a sequential stage after the peek stage and run the job, the peek results will be stored in the sequential file.

For more info check parjdev.pdf pages 483-492.

HTH
--Rich
kruthika
Participant

Post by kruthika »

Thank u
I will try it out...
Kruthika
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Better you check parjdev.pdf pages 483-492 you will get good idea about peek stage.
kruthika
Participant

Post by kruthika »

Sorry for my ignorance!!
In 483-492 pages of parjdev doc , compress and expand stages are explained.how do they help out in debugging!!
In datastage server job, we can debug using a watch window(debug option).
but in the case of parallel job,is there any way to debug using watch window or thro any stage which can get the intermediate values.
Thanks,
Kruthika