APT_STRING_PADCHAR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

APT_STRING_PADCHAR

Post by Marley777 »

Hi thanks for reading and I appreciate your time!!!

Datastage PX version 7.0

I'm wondering how I can override the global value in the APT_STRING_PADCHAR at a job level using the job parameter. When I try to bring in the APT_STRING_PADCHAR into my job and assign a new value it doesn't keep the new value instead it defaults back to the value in the APT_STRING_PADCHAR located in the Datsateg Administrator variable list. Does anyone know how to make the APT_STRING_PADCHAR dynamic instead of static?
gh_amitava
Participant

Post by gh_amitava »

Hi,

We also had the same problem regarding this APT_STRING_PADCHAR.. But Ascential has solved the problem with version 7.0.1.\

Regards
Amitava
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

We are using Datastage 7.1 EE with parallel extender.
We don't have the problem you have mentioned. In the job parameters, this environmental variable is used and the default value can be changed by us. I am not sure whether it is corrected in 7.1 or some setting is changed by our Datastage administrator.

Anyone has idea on this??
prasad9202
Participant

padchar issue

Post by prasad9202 »

if your padchar is not working , u can use one of the parallel extender function to correct that. The name of the function is like
padcharstring

Siva Gogineni
leo_t_nice
Participant

Post by leo_t_nice »

Hi

May i ask where this problem is happening? I ask because "usually" the pad character becomes an issue in the sequential stage, and there is an option in that stage to over-ride the default padchar. Do you have any value in here? Or maybe you need a value in there? :wink:

regards
L