Event Server Startup Failure

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ewing
Participant

Event Server Startup Failure

Post by ewing »

This is probably such a noob question/issue :?

New install of Datastage TX on an IBM AIX box. I do a eventserver.sh -start on the sever itself and after a few seconds I get the following error:
An Event server with the name /opt/app/mercator/6.7 has not been configured in the Management console. Remember names are case sensitive
The "name" it is complaining about is the root directory where the product is installed and is, of course, a very invalid name for a server in the management console.

I have a event server defined in the management console say ACOTXC1 but have the following issues with that infact:
  • Always get a connection refused when trying to do a "connect" despite having a valid Datastage user defined with "God" rights using the event server admin console.

Get the exact same error listed above when trying eventserver.sh -start ACOTXC1
So my basic question is: How do you start the event server!?!

Any insite will be greatly appreciated!
ewing
Participant

Re: Event Server Startup Failure

Post by ewing »

We got this solved. It was cause by not having the correct rights on the server for the user ID running the service. Go figure....