Unable to initialize plug-in:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ririr
Participant

Unable to initialize plug-in:

Post by ririr »

I am getting the following error Unable to initialize plug-in:

in the designer. I am using OCI9i and DRS stages. Please help!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Which plugin? Try them one at a time to determine which one is having the issue. Could be both...

Also ensure that you've done all of the setup work required by each stage - this is all covered in the Installation Guide and/or the readme that comes with the Server. For example, the OCI stages need $ORACLE_HOME defined in your 'dsenv' file and your Shared Library path updated there as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ririr
Participant

Post by ririr »

I have the $ORACLE_HOME defined in the dsenv file. When I use the DRS stage, I am getting the following error

TEST1..Dynamic_RDBMS_17: Could not load drsoci.so
TEST1..Dynamic_RDBMS_17.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

Thanks for your response
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Check the readme to see what needs to be setup for the DRS stage. I would guess you are missing something else from 'dsenv'. I'd look, but I'm only on 7.0.1 so I haven't played with it yet.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any time you get "could not load xxxxx.so" (or xxxxx.sl), check that your LOAD_LIBRARY_PATH (or LIB_PATH or SHLIB_PATH, the name depends on the variant of UNIX) environment variable includes all relevant library directories, and make sure that the way it's set in dsenv also picks these up.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ririr
Participant

Post by ririr »

Thanks for everyones input.

I was able to resolve the issue with help from Ascential

I had DS 7.1 running on Solaris and Oracle 9i. The $ORACLE_HOME/lib needs to point to 32 bit in dsenv file under DSHOME. This is a prereq. when using DRS and OCI9I stagetypes
anupam
Participant

Post by anupam »

Can u pls Explain in detail. Actually we are also facing the same error. May be you can just paste the code which u added in dsenv for pointing it to 32 bit.
----------------
Rgds,
Anupam
----------------
The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What it means is you have to specifically point to the 32bit libraries in dsenv:

Code: Select all

$ORACLE_HOME/lib32
If you need to include them both, make sure the 32bit library is mentioned first in your shared library path.
-craig