Generic stage used to Modify

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

accentureBB
Participant

Generic stage used to Modify

Post by accentureBB »

Trying to modify, getting 'Transformation: "modify" operator may not have a modify adapter on its output'
code looks like this:
modify
'
TXN_DATE= date_from_timestamp(TXN_DATE);
'
thanks for any help. (input is defined as timestamp, output as date).
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

The expression used a Transfomer stage is exactly that; an expression. It's not an assignment statement.
Get rid of the "TXN_DATE=".

The result of the expression is used to become the value of that particular column on the output link.

Use the expression editor to build expressions, it saves typing errors and it saves incorrect assumptions being made.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
accentureBB
Participant

Post by accentureBB »

I'm in a Generic stage, using the modify operator. I'm not in a Transformer, if that's what you were referring to. To get around that first one I changed my job. But I've run in to the same error again, so would like to solve this thing. I've looked at some Ascential documentation but hasn't shed any light. The latest error is this:
main_program: Transformation: "modify" operator may not have a modify adapter on its output
and the modify i'm performing in the generic stage says this:
modify 'AMOUNT:int32=AMOUNT;'
I'd greatly appreciate any insight. Thanks.