Error while using Transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinaypothnis
Participant

Error while using Transformer

Post by vinaypothnis »

I have a simple job with a transformer. When i try to run the job, i get the following error.

"Transformer_2: Failed to load the library "VOS2_test_Transformer_2.so". Either the directory containing the library ........................................ "

I have seen a similar post on this forum. No doubt the message is pretty clear, but I am not able to fix it.

Other stages like the sequential, aggregator and the like have no problems. Where exactly is this library for the transformer stage present?

Is it in "dshome/lib" ???

Can you please give some suggestions to fix this?

Thanks,
Vinay
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

A Job with a Px Transformer generates the "VOS2_test_Transformer_2.so" during the job compile. Thus when moving jobs between types of unix machines you have to re-compile the job before you can run it (and expect it to work).

Question - Have you re-compiled the job since import?

PS: Other normal px stages don't require a library file to be created.
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

A px transformer is compiled with cpp compiler. You didn't post any compile time error so I presume it was compiled ok but ... probably when trying to load the shared object in runtime your environment (SHLIB or LD_LIBRARY_PATH) does not point to where this SO can be found.

Maybe this is the reason for your error.
vinaypothnis
Participant

Post by vinaypothnis »

ariear wrote:A px transformer is compiled with cpp compiler. You didn't post any compile time error so I presume it was compiled ok but ... probably when trying to load the shared object in runtime your environment (SHLIB or LD_LIBRARY_PATH) does not point to where this SO can be found.

Maybe this is the reason for your error.

Hi,

There was no compile time error.

I think the LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly points to the ".../DSEngine/lib/" and ".../PXEngine/lib/" directories.

Where will the ".so" file for the transformer be?

Thanks and Regards,
Vinay
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

The ".so" will be generated in the job directory with the rest of the files required to run a PX job. IMO I doubt this is a PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue.

Are you using External Routines?
What compiler do you have installed on your Server?