'Not enough space' error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

'Not enough space' error

Post by splayer »

I get the following message when I run my job:

"node_node2: Unable to start ORCHESTRATE process on node node2 (bbmkscrtst02): APT_PMPlayer::APT_PMPlayer: fork() failed, Not enough space
"

When I check UNIX, I see that there 45% space free so space is not an issue. The dataset file I am creating has at most 500 rows. Any ideas? Thank you very much.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you allocated enough space in the configuration file for your job? Add additional directory space and/or scratch space. Increase or remove any disk space limits that you may have set in the configuration file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have you allocated enough space in the configuration file for your job? Add additional directory space and/or scratch space. Increase or remove any disk space limits that you may have set in the configuration file.
Thank you very much for your response. When you say configuration file, you are talking about APT_CONFIG_FILE parameter, right? I have 3 nodes in the file. Here is how the 1st node's value looks like:

node "node1"
{
fastname "machinename"
pools ""
resource disk "/myfolder/subfolder" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/myfolder/subfolder" {pools ""}
}

The text is the same for node2 and node3. Which parameters do I set additional directory space and/or scratch space. Which parameters do I set to increase or limit any disk space limits.

Thanks.