Change PX stages by finding PX Resource Consumption

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iowajag
Participant

Change PX stages by finding PX Resource Consumption

Post by iowajag »

Hi all,

Can anyone enlight whether, is there any way to know PX Resource Consumption, and then changing PX stages to achive minimum resource consumption by the partcular PX job (e.g. to process 100m rows). I am kind of curious to know the answer. (other details: 8 CPU, AIX 5.x). I checked earlier postings, couldn't get convincing idea.

Thank you,

IOWAjak

"Awake, Arise and don't stop untill reach GOAL"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Resource consumption can be monitored at the UNIX level, watching the osh processes. You can find which pid belongs to which by inspecting a combination information in Director and your configuration file.
Whether you can modify stages to be more efficient depends on whether they are optimally written in the first place. You may get better gains by changing the configuration file (throwing more resources at the task).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.