Write Load Method with Oracle Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Check the PATH settings. If $ORACLE_HOME/bin is not included in the PATH (Add via the Administrator) then sqlldr connot be found and the call will fail.
Peytot
Participant

Post by Peytot »

Thank you for your time and your Answers, Ascential gives me the same answers than you:

1- Please connect to unix with dsadm, source the dsenv and then execute the sqlldr with the control file.

to source the dsenv:

cat /.dshome ( to find your $dshome directory)

cd to $dshome above

type: . ./dsenv ( source dsenv)

Then execute the sqlldir from unix

2.Check if you have the correct sets to connect with Oracle.

In the dsenv file you need.

a) ORACLE_HOME env variable and set to the $ORACLE_HOME path (e.g., /disk3/oracle9i).

b) ORACLE_SID env variable and set this to the correct service name (e.g., ODBCSOL).

c) In Geneeral Category
Add ORACLE_HOME/bin to your PATH
and ORACLE_HOME/lib32 to your SHLIB_PATH.

Note1: Oracle libraries must be 32Bits. You may have a directory called ORACLE_HOME/lib32 and that is the one you want to use

Note2: APT_ORCHHOME/bin must appear before ORACLE_HOME/bin in your PATH

If you need to do any changes in dsenv file you must stop and start DataStage Services to make effect.

Pey
Peytot
Participant

Post by Peytot »

Thank you for your time and your Answers, Ascential gives me the same answers than you:

1- Please connect to unix with dsadm, source the dsenv and then execute the sqlldr with the control file.

to source the dsenv:

cat /.dshome ( to find your $dshome directory)

cd to $dshome above

type: . ./dsenv ( source dsenv)

Then execute the sqlldir from unix

2.Check if you have the correct sets to connect with Oracle.

In the dsenv file you need.

a) ORACLE_HOME env variable and set to the $ORACLE_HOME path (e.g., /disk3/oracle9i).

b) ORACLE_SID env variable and set this to the correct service name (e.g., ODBCSOL).

c) In Geneeral Category
Add ORACLE_HOME/bin to your PATH
and ORACLE_HOME/lib32 to your SHLIB_PATH.

Note1: Oracle libraries must be 32Bits. You may have a directory called ORACLE_HOME/lib32 and that is the one you want to use

Note2: APT_ORCHHOME/bin must appear before ORACLE_HOME/bin in your PATH

If you need to do any changes in dsenv file you must stop and start DataStage Services to make effect.

Pey