commit frequency in oracle enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

commit frequency in oracle enterprise stage

Post by jreddy »

Guys,
I need to be able to set the commit frequency on the target Oracle Enterprise stage to be able to avoid problems with rollback segments. would like suggestions from anyone who has done that before. I know there was a Transaction Handling feature in server jobs that enabled us to specify 'rows per transaction' and 'array size' and stuff like that. I dont see such things in parallel jobs. Any ideas how to control the commit frequency?

any help will be appreciated.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

Get a copy of DataStage Administrator, and access to dsadm. If there is no DataStage administrator at your company, I know someone who could do this for a price. :mrgreen:

Seriously, open the Administrator to your project, and open its Environment. Click on Parallel-Operator Specific. You should see APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_ROW_INTERVAL and APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_TIME_INTERVAL.

You can make those two values a job parameter and set the value as necessary.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

wow Teej,
you are really a geek..works perfectly well.. and i do have administrator and access to it as well :)

Thanks a ton