"Unable To Reuse Work file" error msg

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Manu
Participant

"Unable To Reuse Work file" error msg

Post by Manu »

Hi

I've some maps reading init params in a database table. I know that it won't be updated very often. So to limit database access from Mercator, I'm using the option "Reuse" on the database input workarea. Workspace is set to "file"

But, when a change occurs in the table, I've this error message :
"Unable to reuse work file"

Is this a bug ? I'm afraid to be forced to set my init params in .ini files on the server, or to delete automatically the workspace .IO* files when an update occurs on my param table.

Our server is HP-unix and database is Sybase.

Do you have an idea ?

Best regards

Emmanuel
OllyCruickshank
Participant

Post by OllyCruickshank »

When Mercator processes some data it creates a workfile - this tells Mercator where to find all the objects in the data file.

If the data file and work file don't match (because of a change in the data file) then you'll get an error.

So, no it's not a bug. You have two options -

Delete the workfile when the update occurs so that Mercator creates a fresh one (as you suggest) or
Don't use 'reuse'. If your data file is small then reusing won't make that much difference

AFAIK, if you reuse workfiles you Mercator still has to get a copy of your data but it doesn't need to parse the data against a type tree.

Cheers,
Olly.