strptime function not supproted in g++ compiler

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravivarma20
Participant

strptime function not supproted in g++ compiler

Post by ravivarma20 »

DS Version : 7.5 EE

In one of my job, from transformer I am making a call to external C++ routine. Every time I run the job, it's throwing following error and getting aborted.

Code: Select all

Failed to load the library "V0S198_MKG_FDW_MGR_MovementData_Transformer_198.so". Either the directory containing the library file is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system that is incompatible with this system. Could not load "V0S198_MKG_FDW_MGR_MovementData_Transformer_198": /mnt/datastage/7.5/Projects/C40075/C40075_Test/Deployed_Flows/temp/O1509152.MKG_FDW_MGR_MovementData/V0S198_MKG_FDW_MGR_MovementData_Transformer_198.so: undefined symbol: strptime__FPCcT0P2tm.
When I remove strptime function from my C++ code and recreate object file then it's working fine.

These are the complie options I am giving to generate an object file.

g++ -O -fPIC -c IRITimeConversion.cc -I.

I am guessing g++ compiler is not supporting strptime or DataStage libraries are not able to properly link to strptime C function.

Any work arounds for this.

Thanks.... for ur time.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Are you using static or dynamic libraries?
Is the strptime function library in the library path used at runtime by your job?
ravivarma20
Participant

Post by ravivarma20 »

I am linking to external C++ routine as an object. I think it is static linking.

How can I conform that strptime function library in the library path used at runtime by my job?

You mean to say I need to check the library path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH .

How can I find out the library name of the strptime function?

Thanks for ur time Eric.