Installing DATASTAGE 7.5.1a where 7.5 EE exists

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddyds
Participant

Installing DATASTAGE 7.5.1a where 7.5 EE exists

Post by reddyds »

Hi

I have already DataStage 7.5 EE Installed in Sun Solaris Server and i need to install 7.5.1a in to the same machine is this possible if not why please hlep me out

Advance Thanx

Srireddy :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can have them both installed, but you can only have one at a time running unless you do some configuration, such as changing the shared memory identifier prefix in one of the instances and increasing the kernel parameters for shared memory and semaphores (particularly) to double the recommended values.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Any reason your can't upgrade? or use the existing 7.5?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

I belive 7.5.1.a will install on the same machine (on unix servers) and both will run, but the 7.5.1.a will use a different port to normal. Thus when you connect from your datastage client you must use <server>:<portnumber> or you will find yourself connecting to the 7.5 install.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I'm guessing they only have one server available, or they only have one license, and they want to test the new version before the completely upgrade the production environment. The problem here is that they will be installing the new version on the production machine alongside the old version and this may break the old version. Trying to get two servers running simulataneously may be riskier then a straight upgrade.