Re-Using Lookup stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhav_M
Participant

Re-Using Lookup stage

Post by Madhav_M »

Hi,
I'm exploring, is there is anyway to reuse the lookup stages?
I mean,
In the input stream to lookup stage has 2sets(4) of columns
I want to perform lookup based on each sets and output the matched
rows.

Can it be done in datastage? I am told it is possible in Informatica.
can anyone throw some lights on this.

Thanks
Madhav.
track_star
Participant

Post by track_star »

Can you verify which input you're referring to (source file or lookup file)? You can create a lookup fileset if you want to reuse the lookup data, but I don't know if that's what you're trying to do.....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Lookup stage supports one or more reference inputs. More than one of these can read from the same source (virtual Data Set). The only exception is a sparse lookup, in which case the Lookup stage can have only one reference input link. However, you can have more than one Lookup stage in a job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Had trouble understanding your question. Are you talking about lookup up the same table twice in the one lookup stage? Consider using a source stage leading to a copy stage with two outputs leading to the lookup stage. The source is read just once but passed into the lookup stage twice.