Importing parallel shared container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Importing parallel shared container

Post by kumar_s »

Hi DSXians,
I have a job with parallel shared container, I exported and trying to reimport to another project, it gives me the following error

Code: Select all

3 server job, shared container or stagetype objects were ignored
when i import the shared container it self, it gives the same warning but "

Code: Select all

1 server job, shared container or stagetype objects were ignored
I am not using any server job or stages here.

May i know what will be the reason for this sort of errors.

regards
kumar
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have you tried saving it to a parallel job and exporting and importing it that way? I wonder whether it is failing to import because it is a shared container or because it contains a stage type that your target project cannot handle.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
Iam not using any server jobs.
I really dont know what could be the stage type which cannot handled by the other project.

Other fancy point is, if ignore the warning and import the dsx, i get the job with all the component but no links :?: :!: :?: :!:

regards
kumar
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Does it contain a BASIC Transformer?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Eric wrote:Does it contain a BASIC Transformer?
nope.......

regards
kumar
smp0368
Participant

Post by smp0368 »

Hi Guys,
I am also facing the same problem, but the job i am trying to import is neither having a shared containner nor a basic transformer. Can sombody revert back with Solutions ASAP. as it has become a showstopper for me.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks & regards
Sanjay Pathare
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Does you job uses any Basic code. What is the version of the server?
What does your job do? I mean design of the job.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
rajeevn80
Participant

Post by rajeevn80 »

kumar_s wrote:Does you job uses any Basic code. What is the version of the server?
What does your job do? I mean design of the job.
Kumar,
We are exporting the jobs from DS-EE7.5 and importing it in DS-EE7.5.1 - We are easily able to import the same into a 7.5 version on a different unix box. Could the different versions be the problem?

The job design is simple it has a dataset as an input and some processing stages and then creates the output in sequential files.

Can you be more specific on "BASIC CODE". do u mean whether the job uses server routines etc.?
Rajeev
Nobody knows Everything,
But U should not be the One who knows Nothing.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Yes I was asking about some routines. What other stages you have in your job. Is it the exactly same error message you get. Could you post you error message.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
rajeevn80
Participant

Post by rajeevn80 »

Kumar,
The following are the error msgs -
"2 server job, shared container or stagetype objects were ignored."
After clicking ok i get another msg
"Problems encountered upgrading job... job does not exist in project"

This job is being imported into the project for the first time .i.e no other copy exists.
Regarding the routines ... yes there is 1 server routine and 1 basic transformer used to call this. There 3 lookup stages and 2 join stages other than the ones i mentioned.
Rajeev
Nobody knows Everything,
rajeevn80
Participant

Post by rajeevn80 »

Can anyone please let me know the solution :?
Rajeev
Nobody knows Everything,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please create a dummy job in the original project (server or EE). Put one line into the job control "** This is a comment line", save the job and export it. Can you import this job into the new project? I think you will get the same error message and it might be due to insufficient access rights in the new project.
rajeevn80
Participant

Post by rajeevn80 »

I am able to import all the jobs other than the jobs which have Basic Transformers.

Is it cause of the difference in the version? I am exporting from 7.5 and importing in 7.5.1

Any idea?
Rajeev
Nobody knows Everything,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Oops - I obviously had not had enough coffee when I responded, I mistook this thread for another. Can you login to the manager as your DataStage administrator and try the import (I still have a nagging suspicion the UNIX permissions are at the root of your particular problem). And I don't think that the 7.5 vs. 7.5.1 is an issue. If you do an export from both and look at the header lines of the .dsx you will see that they have the same dsx internal version.