Logs from C++ library coming only sometimes.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anu13
Participant

Logs from C++ library coming only sometimes.

Post by anu13 »

Hi All,
I am writing printf statements in a c++ library and it is coming on the director log during successful execution.

However if i raise a unix signal say "SIGKILL" for example to abort the datastage job after these printf statements, I am unable to see my printf logs on the director.

Hence I am not able to display debugging information to the end users.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Rgds Anu
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Have you tried waiting a short while before killing the job?
If you kill the job to quick the messages won't have found there way to the director log before the kill signal throws away your error logging.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check to see whether a file has been written into the &PH& directory. Or try resetting the job in Director, to see whether a "from previous run..." event picks up the output from your printf() calls.

Prefer SIGTERM to SIGKILL at all times. It allows a grace time for buffered I/O to complete and various other things to complete.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.