How to use Transformer with a Schema file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chitrangadsingh
Participant

How to use Transformer with a Schema file

Post by chitrangadsingh »

Hi,
Posting the query as a separate thread.

While using a schema file, if one has to do some transformations/calculations then how this can be done? I'm using run time col propagation and now there wont be any columns visible in the transformer (since the basic purpose of using schema file is to avoid using col defns). I actually tried putting in a transformer in b/w two seq file stages. The job ran and simply dumped the data into destination file.
Or is it so that schema file can only be used for simple load/extract?

Thanks,
Chits
Kumar.Puttaswamygowda
Participant

Post by Kumar.Puttaswamygowda »

Hi chitrangadsingh,
I'm also facing the same problem. May be your opinion is correct, i.e Schema file can be used only for extract/load purpose.

If anybody have any idea about this problem, pls help us.
Regards,
Kumar
rjhcc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rjhcc »

I've not tried schema files yet, but it only makes sense that if you can't see the attributes when using them, and you need to make some transformations which will require you to see the attributes, then you will probably have to load the metadata.
rjhcc
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This post from today may help.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kumar.Puttaswamygowda
Participant

Post by Kumar.Puttaswamygowda »

Hi Ray,
No, that posting is not clearing my doubt. That one is posted by myself. I repliled that posting, can u look into that once again please.
Regards,
Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

U has not logged in for a couple of months.
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.