How to edit Generated OSH

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

How to edit Generated OSH

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
Is it posible to edit the Generated OSH.
coz iam facing a problem when i convert a decimal to string using a user defined routine incorporated, not all the columns geting changed with the metadate.
i.e., though i change the type manualli in the editior, it doesnt get reflected in output or further stage.
I could see this in the Generated OSH.
So i need to know the way to edit the OSH.

Thanx

Regards
kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no good reason to edit the generated OSH. The correct solution is to get your job design right, so that it generates correct OSH.

Even if you did, recompiling the job will regenerate whatever OSH it will, rendering your editing efforts futile.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Thanx ray,
My issue is, as i told, though i convert the datatype and lenght manually in stages, while i complie, it takes the data type and length of the earliar try.
So it keeps giving me error.
Is there any way we can refresh OSH so that it takes the current configuration of the job.

regards
kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't see this. What version are you using?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

DS 7.5.1

regards
kumar
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

kumar_s wrote:Is there any way we can refresh OSH so that it takes the current configuration of the job.
If your using a parallel transformer in the job try using the "Force Compile" Option when you re-compile the job.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
May i know where can i find this 'Force Compile' option apart from Multiple Job complie.

regards
kumar