Contents of phantom output file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sunshine2323
Charter Member
Charter Member

Contents of phantom output file

Post by Sunshine2323 »

I came across a strange scenario at work today,

A job containing a FILTER stage completed successfully but the performance statistics did not change niether did links turn green but I had got the expected output. :shock:

After checking the log I discovered that though the job had completed successfully it had given an info saying

Contents of phantom output file =>
Job 130 8970

After some digging we found out that the we had placed "(double quotes) instead of single quotes in the filter condition. After replacing the double quotes with single quotes the job ran turning the links green and giving the
correct performance statistic.

I am not very clear what difference did the single quotes make as at the end they both gave the same output. :roll:

Has anyone faced the similar situation before and has an explaination for this scenario?

Thank You
Warm Regards,
Amruta Bandekar

<b>If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. </b>
--Albert Einstein
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Well I found some cases where you must use " instead of ' like in modify stage performing conversion functions some times.
I do not know yet the reason.
(1 guess is that no handling of or ignoring ' for some reason)

So always test your stage's behaviour :)
IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org