surroagte key geneartor error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harithay
Participant

surroagte key geneartor error

Post by harithay »

hi all,

i need to generate surriagte key nsar_id (sequence number). i am using surrogate key generator . but it is giving this error

Surrogate_Key_Generator_12: Error when checking operator: When binding output schema variable "rec": When binding output interface field "created_dtm" to field "created_dtm": No default type conversion from type "timestamp" to type "string[16]".
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

What criteria did you use for your surrogate key? What data is going into it?

I am wondering if the error is actually related to the data going into the generator as opposed to what the generator is doing. The Generator can only create a numeric output field and doesn't do anything with timestamp.

Are you using RCP (Runtime Column Propogation) or do you explicitly list all input and output columns? If the latter, make sure your mappings are correct. In other words, all input fields are correctly mapped to the corresponding output fields).
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Make sure your metadata for input and output are correctly defined.

That's all.

Edit: RCP would not trigger this bug unless there was a pre-existing name being propagated. Considering that it's an string, not a number field (which Surrogate Key Generator stage only generates), this is an unlikely cause.