Problem with Shared Containers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

memrinal
Participant

Problem with Shared Containers

Post by memrinal »

Hi All,
I have a shared container with two output links and another shared container with two input links.
In the second container both the input links are used as right links for two joins.
I want the output links from the first container to be the input of the second second container. The column definition is same in both the containers. but still when i try to validate map to container link from one container to another, i get the following message.
The meta data on stage and mapped container link comns do not match.
Link types must match.
Names of columns on the container stage must be identical to or a subset of, those on the mapped link.
Is this problem coming because i am using the output link from one container as input link of another container? If this is due to some porblem, what is the reason for it and how can i ovecome it?
TIA
Mrinal
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Include a transformer in the middle.
memrinal
Participant

Post by memrinal »

Thanks Sainath it worked.
its really amazing how the matadata could not be matched even thought at both places same table definitipons were loaded.
Is this due to some valid reason or just like that. Thanks a lot for your help.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Both your shared containers are trying to 'patronise' the link that bridges them and claims it to be their own.

Hence a transformer stage in the middle solves the problem.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Adding to earlier, give same name to the 2 links - such as containerLink1 and containerLink2 - for both containers and try to link them without the transform stage.
memrinal
Participant

Post by memrinal »

Giving same name to links in both the containers was the first thing i tried when i could not match the metadata, but i didnt work out. The metadata doesnt match even if the same link names are used in output of first container, input of second container and even in the connecting link of the job.
But on using the transformer the metadat is matched.
Thanks a lot for your timely help.
Mrinal
banactp
Participant

Post by banactp »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Include a transformer in the middle.
Use a copy stage instead of a transformer - your job will compile and run faster.

Tim