Error:floating point decimal not fully supported.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Error:floating point decimal not fully supported.

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

I am getting the follwing error when i am trying to load data with one to one mapping. I have only 2 (Oracle enterprise stage and using FAST Load method) stages in it source and staging, and both the source and staging are having the same datatype and when i run this job is am getting the follwoing errors
Src_Ps_Rbt_Account_Read: Column CR_CARD_AUTH floating point decimal not fully supported. Adjusting scale.
Src_Ps_Rbt_Account_Read: Column H1UK_CARD_CCV2_FLD floating point decimal not fully supported. Adjusting scale.
Src_Ps_Rbt_Account_Read: Column SYNCID floating point decimal not fully supported. Adjusting scale.....
and so on for all the numeric columns, so when i went into the db i see that the column is of datatype Number and when imported in DS it is taking it as Decimal (38,10). Why this happens and what is the turn arround for this problem.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

You can blame Oracle for not conforming to the universal SQL datatypes recognized by DB2 and others, when it pertains to numbers.

You need to declare all number() input fields as a Decimal[38,10] in your metadata. If you continue to get this warning message (note: Warning messages are not always a bad message.)

It sucks, but that's how Oracle like to behave. As long as data are being loaded properly, you should not worry about it.