Error in lookup stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pcmbalaji
Participant

Error in lookup stage

Post by pcmbalaji »

Hi all,
I have two tables namely table1 & table2.
Table1 structure.
col1
col2 (pk)
col3

Tables 2 struct
col4
col5 (pk)
col6

and my target table is having all the 5(col1,col2, col3, col4, col6) columns.

I tried with table1 as source , table 2 as a lookup by specifying col5 as lookup key.

The job compiles but when I execute it says "Lookup_26,0: Could not find input field col5"

I'm missing something here, it would be a great help if someone throw some lights on this.

Regards
Edric
Participant

Post by Edric »

in fact u need to rename ur column, u must have the same name for the key.

rename ur "col5" in "col2", and it'll work.
u can rename the column with several stages... sometimes the most simple is to use a "Copy" to rename.
pcmbalaji
Participant

Post by pcmbalaji »

Ho thanks a lot !. I didnt' knew this. :-(

Actually I had worked with Informatica the column names doesn't matter as for as you join them. Anyway.

Thanks again.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or you can qualify the column name with the table name (just as you would in SQL to avoid ambiguity). Do this in the Derivation field of the Columns grid.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

This feature should either be available now, OR coming soon. I have not touched 7.5a, so I am not sure if it's available for that version.