Use of DSSendMail in Transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Use of DSSendMail in Transformer

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

Once i create template in the Unix server how can i use this DSSendmail Routine in a transfomer.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You shouldn't have to create a template, the product ships with a template ready for use by DSSendmail.

How can you use it? I think the bigger question is are you sure you want to use it in a Transformer? In a PX job? You really need to send an email for every row that goes through your job? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

HI CHULLET,

It is not like that Chullet, first i had to send a mail for jobs which were sucess, failure and jobs which were aborted, that is why i was trying to make it row by row.

But what i latter decided is that instead of making it row by row why not do it after job routine by combining all the data into on text file and then sending the mail with the body from this text file.

Now i have a problem because i am not able to take the contents of the text file to the body, how can i do it.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chulett wrote:You shouldn't have to create a template, the product ships with a template ready for use by DSSendmail.

How can you use it? I think the bigger question is are you sure you want to use it in a Transformer? In a PX job? You really need to send an email for every row that goes through your job? :?