Read on Access

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

als110
Participant

Read on Access

Post by als110 »

Our team has a set of jobs and sequencers in a folder in our project. Is there a way to lock those jobs to just give read only access to that folder or can that only be done at the project level?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Officially there's no way to protect individual components.

However, every object in the Repository has a READONLY property, which you can set to 'RO' (read-only) or 'NRO' (not read-only).

Search the forum for the SQL you need to achieve this. Basically, you need to identify the particular objects, for example jobs and job sequences are in DS_JOBS table.

I believe (based purely on guesswork) that it is impossible to make a category read-only. Perhaps someone with more free time than I have could perform the experiment to check this. Job categories are also stored in DS_JOBS and have names beginning with \\\.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.