APT_CombinedOperatorController,1: Operator terminated abnorm

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raviyn
Participant

APT_CombinedOperatorController,1: Operator terminated abnorm

Post by raviyn »

I am getting the following error

APT_CombinedOperatorController,1: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV

When I am trying to load the Oracle table , the source is also an oracle table. I am performing 2 Lookups in b/w using the Oracle stage.

The data also is very small only around 5000 records .....

The above message is the only error message I am getting .
Can anybody let me know what to look for??
:cry:

The data types are similar as I am just doing 2 Lookups for two columns and the rest of the metadata in the source and target are the same...
aesguerra
Participant

Post by aesguerra »

Hi,

Do you have any transformer stages in your job? If yes are you calling user defined functions in it?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Here is a Wiki definition of that particular "Segment Violation" signal, which typically indicates a programming problem. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
raviyn
Participant

Post by raviyn »

aesguerra wrote:Hi,

Do you have any transformer stages in your job? If yes are you calling user defined functions in it?
Yes I have it and I have 2 Columns which are string and need to convert into the numeric format so using the STRINGTODECIMAL function....

The two cols are declared as VARCHAR2(10) in the source , the target these Columns are DECIMAL(10,0) . I checked at the I/P side all the data is numeric only.

This error is still coming if I have zero rows inmy input side.
:(
mpouet
Participant

Post by mpouet »

Hi,

I had this error. It was a partitioning mistake. Check all your 'advanced' properties and your 'partition type'. If you don't find anything wrong try to extract in sequential mode from Oracle.

Good luck.
Matthieu