Missing parameter values when migrating

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aesguerra
Participant

Missing parameter values when migrating

Post by aesguerra »

Hi All,

We have this situation, in our development environment we put in parameters in the sequence for the job that we are going to call but when we move the job sequence to our testing environment the parameters that we put in just dissappear.

Anybody out there experience this before?

TIA!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How are you moving them?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
datastage
Participant

Post by datastage »

is the job currently in the test enviornment when you move the sequencer that will call it over? I know the Job Activity stage when opened performs a check against the current parameters in the job it is to call, so if you are moving the sequencer before the job itself or at least an updated job is the parms changed that would explain it.

Otherwise I haven't seen this issue and would be curious if the results differ between an export/import versus a move via Version Control.
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It shouldn't be an issue with a VC move, but I believe it can be when using export/import if the 'include defaulted properties' (or some such) is not checked. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
venkatrranga
Participant

Post by venkatrranga »

chulett wrote:It shouldn't be an issue with a VC move, but I believe it can be when using export/import if the 'include defaulted properties' (or some such) is not checked. :?
No... I tried that..

Similar problem I am facing too. What I found out is, when you define the variables they written to the dsparms file in the Project folder on the server. When you export and import those parameters are not being written to the new project's dsparms file. I am think that may be causing the issue...

Any comments... I am looking for permanent solution.

Regards
Venkat Ranga
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Are you defining parameters as this:

$BLAH_BLAH_BLAH -- particularly those starting with the $?

If so, you need to define them on EVERY server that your job will be existing on. This is why I avoid user-defined system parameters, and just use job parameters.