Are there entries in logs equivalent to the perf stats?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodlakshmanan
Participant

Are there entries in logs equivalent to the perf stats?

Post by vinodlakshmanan »

We have a production server, where we can telnet through Unix, but cannot connect with DS. I need to view the performance statistics as shown in designer. Can it be viewed through the log files or any other way? I have all details of the job and project. Please remember that I cannot use Designer, Director and Manager in any way, I only have telnet and Unix commands with me and DS commands that run on Unix.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You've got the dsjob command. You will find it in the bin directory of your Projects folder. You can get this from the job log.

dsjob -logsum will let you retrieve log messages. One of the last messages in the log will indicate how many rows were processed by each link in your job as well as the run time. From this you can estimate performance statistics. dsjob -lognewest will get the ID of the newest entry, dsjob -logdetail will let you retrieve log entries preceding that when you reduce the ID.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

There are several performance environment varaibles that can be set to make entries into the Log such as APT_RECORD_COUNTS.