Configuration problem version 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

alexis01
Participant

Configuration problem version 7.5

Post by alexis01 »

Hi everybody,

My client is migrated to the version 7.5 this week and when we compile a new job, we have this error message:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /home/sd003/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin/osh because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module /home/sd003/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib/libicui18n.so could not be loaded.
0509-103 The module has an invalid magic number. (SrcABR001.Transformer_4)

If you know the solution, please help, I'm beginner with PX

Thank you
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any time you get a "library can not be loaded" error the first thing to suspect is the environment variable that defines the library search path.

Depending on which UNIX you're on this is called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH, LIBPATH, or something similar.

Make sure that it is set up properly in the $DSHOME/dsenv file.

In the case of magic number errors, either the library has become corrupted or an incorrect version has been installed. In either case re-installing ought to fix the problem (unless, of course, you have the wrong version on your installation media, in which case you need to contact your support provider).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
alexis01
Participant

Post by alexis01 »

Thank you very much for your help !!!
Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

Also make sure that your PX and DS libraries are defined in the LIBPATH before any database libraries.
In the case of UDB, there are files with the same name and you want to make sure you are picking up the one from Ascential.

Ande
aartlett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aartlett »

Just a little off topic, but related: Can I use a 7.5 client against a 7.0.1 server/PX? Client is WIn$, servers are Solaris.

We are going to upgrade, but I want to load the client to my machine to play with for a while.

Will it impact the direcor/manager/administrator as I am also dsadm.

Andrew