Data stage verson 6.x and above

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

priyaram
Charter Member
Charter Member

Data stage verson 6.x and above

Post by priyaram »

hi

I am trying to install datastage 7.x in my home system.
do i need seperate unix box for that or i can setup in windows itself.

b'cos i installed 5.x in windows , it's working.
now i trying to install greater version ,it's installing , but the userid and password which i set for 5.x it's not working.

any suggesstions welcome.
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

You need new authorization codes for version 7.
priyaram
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by priyaram »

What's mean by authorization codes??
l_homme_de_rio
Participant

Post by l_homme_de_rio »

hi
PX is running on UX only (including some linux version i guess) if you install everything on your windows system, you will be able to "display" PX jobs but no compilation or exec that's all.
In addtion you need a C++ compiler on the ux box
all the best
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

In version 6 Ascential introduced the DSADM administrator login. Have you followed the version 6/7 instructions for setting up logins and accounts?
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

NOTE!

Ascential DataStage is not for home use. Ascential fully expects that you pay the full price per CPU (or whatever negotiated rate you may achieve with your Ascential (or other official licensed - such as IBM, et cetera) sales representative). If you are found to be using an unlicensed copy, Ascential Legal will definitely take action against you to the fullest extent of the law.

There is NO developer version, or any personal license for DataStage at this time.

Please contact your Ascential Sales representative to negotiate the cost of purchasing a license.

This is my last response to your posts, due to my aversion to advocating piracy.