"Perform sort" option in sorter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lakshmipriya
Participant

"Perform sort" option in sorter

Post by lakshmipriya »

Hi

I am using an aggregator with sort option in it. Before which a sorter stage has been used. The sorting has been performed on the keys used in the aggregator. The partioning used in the sort is hash partion based on the same keys and in the aggregator the partiotioning is "same".

My query is, what is the difference in sorter stage if i have checked perform sort in the input partiotioning tab and if i do not check that option?
Lakshmi
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

You do not need to perform the sort twice.

The Sort/partitioning tab is a simplified form of the Sort stage. It is a capability that was included in all stages, to make the job flow much clearer.

Take a quick look at your Orchestrate code (within the Job Parameter option after you compile the job) to see how the sort (tsort) are applied.

Do a comparison on the Orchestrate code before and after you add this option. This way, I hope that you will understand how this work a bit better.