Urgent !! Oracle -end-of-file on communication channel

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Urgent !! Oracle -end-of-file on communication channel

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

I have a very simple PX job: Oracle stage --> copy

The DB version is Oracle 8

Evry other time I execute the job it fails after few minutes because of oracle error - ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

The table is quite a big one
I checked with the oracle DBA and there is no session limit. I did a test with 15 SQLPLUS sessions executing the same SQL and it did not fail.

Other Datastage jobs connects to Oracle 9 so I have a 9 client with 32bit lib (maybe this gives a clue)

Does anyone has an idea ?

Cheers,
Amos
ririr
Participant

Post by ririr »

Try increasing the performance parameters. Increase the buffersize to some reasonable number. It defaults 128kb. Also, check the stage commitpoint parameter.

If this doesn't help use the bulk stage. Tweak the indexes on the source database. Just restrict your query by "WHERE ROW NUM < 1000" and click on view data on the source stage and see how long it is taking to bring the data back
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Thanks,

Increase buffer size ... you mean in the uvconfig ?

Oracle is my data source so the bulk stage will not work, anyway it's a PX job and I use the enterprise stage.

Thanks,
Amos