Parallel job routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Parallel job routines

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

I have not yet written a DS routines, can you help me in writing and runing a routine in Parallel jobs.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS routines don't apply to parallel jobs.

The closest you can get are operators (buildops and custom ops).

Read about these in Chapter 55 of the Parallel Job Developer's Guide (chapter number is correct for version 7).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Rajeev --

I see that you are very new at this.

May I suggest that you contact Ascential (or your sales dude that sold you DataStage PX) for beginning training information, which mostly would help you understand how to use PX? This is a very cost-effective solution to get you up to speed in a minimal amount of time, and allow you to ensure that you will get the needed insights that we will not be able to provide you on this forum.

May I also suggest that you also utilize the Search engine on this forum (see on the top of the screen to the right of "Home * Forum *"), to find out if we have already answered your questions before.

May I also finally suggest that you read the documents that are provided with your installation of DataStage? That, along with the help button (F1) within DataStage will answer a large amount of your questions on how things should work.

By utilizing the three resources above, you will be well on your way in becoming one of us gurus, ready to help others with questions you are asking right now.
Mat01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mat01 »

Hi Rajeev,

If you need more info about routines, the installation CD contains a folder called Samples (see the help files on Parallel routines). Basically, a parallel routine is a c++ function. I know it wasn't like that in v6 (only custom stages where available as Ray said) but in v7.5, you can define your routines in c++.

Regards,

Mat