error in lookupstage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravikiran2712
Participant

error in lookupstage

Post by ravikiran2712 »

hi,
iam getting three errors with lookup stage.all the three are the same errors i.e the property of key is not defined. i did not get the key option in the properties sub-tab of the inputs tab of the look up stage.so i did not know the region i should define the key for the lookup stage. iam accessing one sequential and two oracle databases using these lookup stage.i have defined key columns under the columns tab of the output tabs of the seqential and oracle database stages. could you please help me out.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the chapter on the Lookup Stage in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide and you will learn about how vital it is that some key is specified for the Lookup Stage to use.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Please note that the term "key" within the lookup stage is not referring to the row's key indicator. It is referring to the LOOKUP's MATCHING key.

You may have the following:

Name, Address, Age.

You may want to lookup Age, and have specific value translated to another value, such as "1 = Baby, 25 = Adult, 50 = Old fart."

In this context, the lookup's key is Age. This counter any keys you may have for the record itself -- in this case Name could be a key for the record, but in this specific lookup circumstance, you are matching Age.

Understand how Lookup works, now?