ORACLE Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

ORACLE Enterprise Stage

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

I am using Datastage 7.x and i am using Oracle Enterprise stage to insert the data into table, it populates millions of records daily, i want to do commit on certain intervals or on completion of 100 or 1000 rows how can it be done or what is the option to do the same.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Check for a Transaction Size option in the stage, that sets the number of rows to commit at any one time. At least on the server side. :?

You may also want to look for some $APT configuration parameters to set, I seem to remember reading about them here. Search the forum for 'commit' and see what turns up.

Edit: for example, a post like this. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi Chulett,

Thank you. That was really great.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chulett wrote:Check for a Transaction Size option in the stage, that sets the number of rows to commit at any one time. At least on the server side. :?

You may also want to look for some $APT configuration parameters to set, I seem to remember reading about them here. Search the forum for 'commit' and see what turns up.

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi Crieg,

That was great, but i have a doubt. See i am having 42 jobs and all are independent jobs, and all are one to one direct load. But of these tables that i am loading one is huge table we will have 1 million rows populated per day, in case the jobs get aborted in between, i want to know till what it has commited and continue only from that point next time, is this possible by setting the parameters APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_ROW_INTERVAL and APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_TIME_INTERVAL.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chulett wrote:Check for a Transaction Size option in the stage, that sets the number of rows to commit at any one time. At least on the server side. :?

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, not a PX guru... just remember stuff I see posted. :? Someone else will have to help with the gory details. Or you could search through the forum again for those keywords, I doubt it's the first time the question has been asked.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi Craig,

Thanks you , no prob's. What about in server jobs can this be done.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chulett wrote:Sorry, not a PX guru... just remember stuff I see posted. :? Someone else will have to help with the gory details. Or you could search through the forum again for those keywords, I doubt it's the first time the question has been asked.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi Rajeev,

Good question. You need to setup transaction type in each and every job. Any way before setting ORA APT parameters please discuss with ur ORA DBA or Ascential DBA.

Thanks
Man