Job Scheduling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Job Scheduling

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

I am having a senario as follows, i am having set of jobs and all are independent, i schedule them to run during nights. We have two databases, that we have to connect and then do the population to the staging area, which is done by these jobs. It is one to one mapping from Source to Staging. During execution of a job, if the connection to the database fails, i want to rerun the job automatically, how can this be done in datastage 7.x Parallel extender.

I have worked in DS 3.6 version, were we will have to recompile and then run the job mannually. Is there anyway by which we can reset and run the job automatically.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
vinodlakshmanan
Participant

Post by vinodlakshmanan »

If you are running a unix script to run your job, you can reset the job by the following command:
${DSHOME}/bin/dsjob -run -param '$APT_CONFIG_FILE='$APT_CONFIG_FILE -mode RESET <project name> <job name>
You can then run the job using the command:
${DSHOME}/bin/dsjob -run -param <param1> -param <param2> ... -mode NORMAL <project name> <job name>
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi,

Thank you Vinod.

As per your advice we will have to execute the script manually. Is there any other way by which we can do it automatically in Job Seqencing or Scheduling.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
vinodlakshmanan wrote:If you are running a unix script to run your job, you can reset the job by the following command:
${DSHOME}/bin/dsjob -run -param '$APT_CONFIG_FILE='$APT_CONFIG_FILE -mode RESET <project name> <job name>
You can then run the job using the command:
${DSHOME}/bin/dsjob -run -param <param1> -param <param2> ... -mode NORMAL <project name> <job name>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you run the job from a job sequence, you can choose the run mode to be "reset if required, then run".
Then you schedule the job sequence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi,

Thank you Ray.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
ray.wurlod wrote:If you run the job from a job sequence, you can choose the run mode to be "reset if required, then run".
Then you schedule the job sequence.