DB2 REMOTE CONNECTION (Client Instance Name)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 REMOTE CONNECTION (Client Instance Name)

Post by Marley777 »

Hi everyone, thanks for reading.

:?

I have a Server box with three lpars(test, prep, prod). Datastage is installed on the test lpar. All of my DS jobs are ran from the test environment using test db2 data. However we want to remotely connect to the prod environment to access prod data, but I can't figure our what to type in the Client Instance name. The DBA said I'm ready to go as far as accessing production data via Datastage(db2 instances), but we can't figure out what to do with the Client Instance name. yikes!!! Figured we should ask the great mind that read this forum.

Thanks
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Client Instance Name is the DB2 instance name used on your local server that points to the production server. Be sure to have db2setup.cfg set up for that too.

You will probably have to set up the Database, Username, Password, and Server, since you will be pointing to different databases on the same machine. In other words, do not use the Environment Variables.