Not able to run jobs in the new version 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun_im4u
Premium Member
Premium Member

Not able to run jobs in the new version 7.5

Post by arun_im4u »

Hello,

We installed the new version of datastage 7.5 in our company last week. Today i installed my client components and recompiled all my jobs to test it again. But when i ran the job it is getting aborted. It says it is not able to connect to the database.

BatchIdGen_Dev..Batch_ID_Incrementor: |BatchIdGen_Dev..ODBC_67.DSLink71: DSD.BCIOpenR call to SQLAllocStmt failed.|

does anyone have any idea.
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Sounds like your database client software isn't configured and in the DataStage path (dsenv). For instance, if you're pulling data from Oracle, the Oracle client software has to be installed and configured on the DataStage server and the client directories put into the correct DataStage environment variables (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SH_LIB_PATH(sp?), ORAHOME, etc).

If you're using ODBC, perhaps the ODBC DSN needs to be configured on the 7.5 server.

Good luck,
Tony
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

You're going to have to do some diagnosis. SQLAllocStmt is part of the ODBC API, so I deduce you're using an ODBC stage or a stage type that employs ODBC protocols.

Have you correctly configured the ODBC data source name (DSN)? You need to do this not only in .odbc.ini, but also in the uvodbc.config file in the project directory. I believe that you have this correct, since the error was not in being able to connect, but later in the processing stream. But you should check.

Can you import a table definition from this DSN? While doing so, can you use the View Data option? If the answer to both of these is yes, then the connection is fine, and there's a problem somewhere with the SQL (or you've run out of memory or swap space or temp space). If the answer is no, then you need to use diagnostic tools such as DS.CONNECT or the tools within the branded_odbc directory to investigate further.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.