Loading columns in the target database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yaminids »

Hello there,

I am trying to load columns in the target table. The problem is that the data for some of these columns is coming from one source table and for the remaining tables, it is coming from different source table.

I tried to accomplish this task as a two step process. In the first step, I loaded some columns with the data and the remaining columns with default values.
In the second step, I tried to load the remaining columns with the data from diffrent source table.

My question is how to load the columns in the second step with data already present in some columns from the first step. In other words how to load data into some columns without disturbing the data already present in some other columns.

Can anyone help me with the above problem please. It would be a great help to me.

Thanks in advance.
-Yamini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just set the method to "update" on the second run.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yaminids »

Hello Ray,

Can you elaborate how to specify the method to 'Update' in DataStage Designer.

Thank you for your hlep.
-Yamini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have a stage that is connected to the database into which you're trying to load the data. It might be an ODBC stage, an OLEDB stage, a DRS stage, or a database-specific stage.

On the Inputs link for that stage, there will be a property called something like "update action" containing a drop-down list. On that list are choices like "insert new rows only", "update existing rows only", "user-defined SQL" and so on. The list varies slightly with different stage types.

Choose "update existing rows only".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.