Error running transformer in PX but in Server working fine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akash_nitj
Participant

Error running transformer in PX but in Server working fine

Post by akash_nitj »

hi Techno's
I am getting error while running transformer in PX 7.1 but the same job is working fine in server job.

The error is :
##W TFCP 000000 15:02:14(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0"is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##W TBLD 000000 15:02:14(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: sh: /opt/aCC/bin/aCC: not found.

##I TFCP 000008 15:02:14(004) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: /opt/aCC/bin/aCC +Z -O -I/appl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/include -O -c -ext -z +Z /appl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/dsproj54/RT_BP3.O/V0S1_grefCreateFirst_Transformer_1.C -o /appl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/dsproj54/RT_BP3.O/V0S1_grefCreateFirst_Transformer_1.tmp.o
##E TCOS 000029 15:02:14(005) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED (grefCreateFirst.Transformer_1)

*** Internal Generated Transformer Code follows:
0001: //
0002: // Generated file to implement the V0S1_grefCreateFirst_Transformer_1 transform operator.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The first error message tells you very clearly what the problem is. You have specified a dataset for the input link (to the Transformer stage) but have specified a rejects link without a corresponding dataset. Therefore the job has no mechanism for dealing with the rows rejected in each partition.

You seem not to have grasped the fact that parallel and server jobs work quite differently, using entirely different engines.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
akash_nitj
Participant

I am having sequential file in input as well as o/p

Post by akash_nitj »

Hey
I am using sequential file as i/p to transformer and o/p is also captured in a sequential file. So why does error related to data set is thrown

regards
akash
Infosys Technologies Ltd
ray.wurlod wrote:The first error message tells you very clearly what the problem is. You have specified a dataset for the input link (to the Transformer stage) but have specified a rejects link without a corresponding dataset. Therefore the job has no mechanism for dealing with the rows rejected in each partition.

You seem not to have grasped the fact that parallel and server jobs work quite differently, using entirely different engines.
Mat01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mat01 »

Hi,

We had this error previously. It is probably related to a problem with your c++ compiler. Try this: Build a simple job mapping a file directly to another one. If this works, insert a transformer between the files to do the mapping (without any transformation). If it fails when you compile, check your c++ compiler.

Regards,

Mat
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

It looks like you don't have a c compiler installed.
gh_amitava
Participant

Post by gh_amitava »

Hi,

Check the transformer. If it is a basic transformer then replace it by a PX transformer.

Regards
Amitava