Dataset handling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandy
Participant

Dataset handling

Post by sandy »

Hi All,

I am not able to use the dsrecords or orchadmin utility for handling datasets from the unix prompt. I get the following error :

ksh: dsrecords: not found.

and

ksh: orchadmin: not found.

Can somebody guide me giving a step by step procedure for any setup to be done prior to using these dataset handling utilities? I am trying to use these utilities for viewing the number of records in a dataset and get a dump of the dataset into a sequential file.

Thanks in Advance, Any help is much appreciated.

Regards.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the directory containing these commands mentioned in your PATH environment variable?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sandy
Participant

Post by sandy »

Hi Ray,

PATH environment variable is set to /usr:/usr/bin:/usr/vacpp:/usr/vacpp/bin in my project directory and these directories do not have dsrecords as well as orchadmin utilities under them.

What do u suggest I do now?

Thanks for your quick reply.
gh_amitava
Participant

Post by gh_amitava »

Hi,

You have to include the directory in path variable. Otherwise it will not execute.

Regards
Amitava
sandy
Participant

Post by sandy »

Hi Amitava,

That was the obvious thing to do I guess :D . Did that, but it still does not work. Throws me the following message :

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program orchadmin because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/librwtool.a(librwtool.o) could not be loaded.
0509-152 Member librwtool.o is not found in archive

Any idea about this error?