Input buffer overrun at field " DATE1" at offset 3

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

priyaram
Charter Member
Charter Member

Input buffer overrun at field " DATE1" at offset 3

Post by priyaram »

i created one parallel job and that job just gets the data from the table.i ma getting the output as a string , and i used the column import to split that in to columns.
one of the column is coming in the format as " 31-jun-99"
but while in the column import , it's defined as "TIMESTAMP"

while running the job i am getting error as " Input buffer overrun at field "DATE1", at offset: 34

why i am getting this error msg??
dsxdev
Participant

Post by dsxdev »

The problem is with wrong metadat or the datatype when you defined the column type as timestamp and the data you are getting is not time stamp.
When you are reading the data DataStage trying to read 19 char fro the time Stamp field but it is getting short data do it consumes data from next column and is loking for the next delimiter which is not found at expected position.

if you check the actual end of the timeStamp column would be the 35 th character of your record.
Happy DataStaging
dsxdev
Participant

Post by dsxdev »

You can do one thing read the column as varchar and then handle the date conversion explicitely in a transformer.
Happy DataStaging
vbeeram
Participant

Post by vbeeram »

Declare that column in source stage as varchar then use StringtoDate() Function in Transformer Stage,then u get O/P as date value.

Regards
Thiru